THE ST. NICHOLAS NATIONAL SHRINE
Rebuilding St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church
In the news...
- In June 2017, the Anne Frank Tree was dedicated just outside Saint Nicholas. Click HERE for more information
- Click HERE to read the article: Protecting Sacred Space at The World Trade Center
- In mid-July 2016, the New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/22/nyregion/enduring-sphere-sculpture-to-return-to-world-trade-center-site.html), reporter David Dunlop — who has covered Saint Nicholas through the years — reported on the re-installation of the 27 foot tall bronze “Sphere” that survived the 9/11 terrorist attacks. The Port Authority has decided to make the installation of the 25 ton piece in Liberty Park, just opposite Saint Nicholas, something that we at the Archdiocese have advocated for years.
- Architectural Digest Article
- August 2017
- April 2017
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- Progress Report, December 2015
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
Paul Lillios and Carol Stamas of Ascension of Our Lord represented our Parish at the Shrine's Ground Blessing in Fall of 2014 and wrote the name of our Blessed Church on one of the walls that will become a part of the permanent structure.
Samuel the Prophet; Holy Martyr Luke of Bouleutos; Afterfeast of the Dormition of our Most Holy Lady the Theotokos and Ever Virgin Mary; Stephen, First King of Hungary; Hierotheos, Bishop of Hungary; Oswin the Martyr, King of Deira